Thursday, February 20, 2014

Michael Sam Admits Sexuality

Recently, Michael Sam admitted to press that he was homosexual. “I just want to make sure I could tell my story the way I want to tell it,” Sam told the New York Times. “I just want to own my truth.” He was a Defensive End for Missouri, and will attend the NFL Combine coming up. I think that this was a good idea for Sam. It shows that he is proud of who he is. People think that this was a bad move because it will cause distractions with media and will distract him from football. NFL teams also don't want any distractions. However, I don't think it will have any affect on his performance, or cause any distractions. Sam telling the public of his sexuality will help further the acceptance of sexuality in the country as well as in the NFL. It could also boost his confidence and his performance. If he does go to the NFL, the team that picks him will show Americans that they are fully accepting him for who he is. It will also show they aren't discriminating him due to his sexuality, but accept him for his ability to play the game.

Sources: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/140209210505-michael-sam-senior-bowl-horizontal-gallery.jpg
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/09/draft-prospect-michael-sam-comes-out-as-gay/

No comments:

Post a Comment